HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY OUTLAW LATE MODEL RULES
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
Stock clip only. Tube Clip w/ 100 lb penalty
Crossmember can be reworked
Stock lower A arms only
No rack and pinion steering. Rack & Pinion allowed with 25 lb penalty
Stock-type steering box only
Fabricated spindles permitted
Wedge bolts only
No coil spring sliders
Tubular sway bar and spline bar permitted
Cast iron block only
23 degree cast iron heads only
Valve lift not over .550
Valve spring pressure 135 after the race
No electric fuel pumps
Engine compression cubic inch not limited
500CFM 2-barrel carburetor only – must check top and bottom
No dry sumps
Flat tappet cam only – no rollers
Clutch and Transmission:
No clutch smaller than 7.25
No rear mount bell housing
No Jerico/Raptor/Brinn/Burt/Falcon Transmissions
No direct drive
No in-and-out gear box transmission
Hubs, Wheels, Brakes and Rear-Ends:
Quick change permitted
Steel and aluminum axles permitted
Aluminum hubs permitted
10″ Steel wheels only (any offset)
1 Piston steel calipers only
Shocks and Springs:
No coil overs. Coil overs w/ 50 lb penalty
No coil overs sliders
No bump stops or coil binding
Schrader valves or needle valves allowed
Single adjustable shocks allowed
No double adjustable shocks
No springs smaller than 5″
Shock claim rule: $400 total (all 4 shocks must be exchanged)
Fuel cell mandatory
8″minimum ground clearance
Steel container with 4 straps
Fuel cell guard
A. A measurement between 79″ and 80″ over front tires, steadly decreasing in width in a straight line to between 77″ and 78″ at center of doors, then 76″at the center or rear axle,to a maximum of 72″ at the rear spoiler. Spoiler must be mounted centered on wheel base of car. A measurement between 78″ and 82″ is allowed at the bottom of the door between front and rear tires. Tapers must be equal on both sides; cars will be measured diagonally to check for square.
1. Wheel flairs cannot extend past sidewall of tire and cannot extend past rear of tire, and be no higher than actual quarter panel or fender.
2.46″ maximum center of axle to rear of car.
1. 72″ Maximum width
2. 46″ Maximum set back, both left and right side (center of rear axle to base)
3. 6″ maximum height from base to top
4. 40″ high from ground
5. Spoiler thickness must be minimum 1/8″
6. Spoiler bracing must run forward and attach to removable deck
7. Cable or wire allowed
C. Hood and Roof
1. Hood: No scoops, no louvers, one air intake opening allowed but must fit from nose piece to windshield (no air gaps)
2. Manufactured type, no homemade or flat surface roofs allowed.
3. 45″minimum roof height measured 10″ back from front windshield
4. 45″ minimum width side-to-side
5. 22″ x 12″ minimum window openings. Must be rectangular shape, no radius. Driver must be able to exit car with helmet on. Window must be open from 4″ shelf to roof.
Leave comments on your thoughts on the rules. Negative comments will be deleted.