HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY LIMITED LATE MODEL RULES 2016
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to
provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to
establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events.
These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by
participating in these events, all participants are deemed to
have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS
OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR
REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct
of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or
death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable
and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications
herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her
opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements.
NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL
RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any
interpretation of deviation of these rules is left to discretion
of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
1. Races will be a 50 lap race
2. The pay will be a progressive pay scale.
3. There must be a minimum of 8 cars.
4. Race every other week
5. All starts and restarts will be mandatory double file
restarts. Single file restart with 5 laps or less to go.
1. Minimum 2750 pounds.
2. 58% maximum left side weight
1. Open engine or Crate engine.
2. Any 2 or 4 bbl.
3. Any oil pump, wet or dry.
4. Any aluminum or steel head allowed.
5. Cast iron block only.
1. Must run 2 forward and 1 reverse gears.
2. Must have a clutch, stock diameter clutch must run steel
bellhousing. Flexplate must be SFI rated.
3. No in and out boxes.
1. Rack and pinion or gear box.
1. Full tube chassis front to rear or stock snout/tubed rear
1. Bump stops allowed
2. Canister shocks allowed
3. Double adjustable shocks allowed
4. Schrader valve shocks allowed
5. Aluminum shocks allowed
1. 8” or 10” wheels only
1. Hoosier 890 (subject to change at later time)
1. Late model template bodies and hand fabricated bodies
allowed. Any date.
2. Hand fabricated and template bodies must use ABC style
roof with front and rear windshields and quarter glasses,
front composite nose and rear composite tail cover.
3. All bodies must look like aftermarket late model race car
bodies and must pass Huntsville Speedway’s approval.
4. Rear spoiler 6.5” x 60”
5. Cars must maintain a 47” roof height.