HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY MODIFIED RULES 2016
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide
for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum
acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern
the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all
participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL
RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH
THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a
guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee
against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and
appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose
any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the
minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH
ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation
of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
1. All starts will be mandatory double file, second place car to the
outside and so forth.
2. Restarts with less than 5 laps to go, will be single file.
1. No aluminum blocks. No dry sump systems. No fuel injections.
2. Aluminum head allowed with no penalty.
3. Cooling system may be modified; antifreeze shall not be used.
4. Only one carburetor allowed.
5. Any American make engine may be used as long as rear of engine
(bell housing flange) is mounted at least 72” forward from the
centerline of rear axle. Engine offset must be kept within 2” of
centerline of front cross member. Engine height minimum will be 11″
from ground to front of center of crankshaft.
1. Maximum allowable left side weight will be 58 percent of the total
2. Minimum 2550 pounds.
3. 1 lb per lap burn off.
1. No “in-out” boxes or overdrive transmissions. All manual
transmissions must be clutch operated.
2. All manual and automatic transmissions must have at least 2
forward gears and 1 reverse gear in working order.
1. Any Clutch assembly allowed.
1. Floaters and quick change are allowed.
2. No Wide Five, no tube type axles, and no aluminum axle tubes.
3. Magnetic steel drive shafts ONLY. Must be painted white.
Brakes, Wheels, and Tires
1. Must run one brake per wheel. Single piston steel caliper only.
2. Stock OEM size rotors only. No scalloped rotors.
3. Maximum 8” wide steel racing wheel allowed. No wheel weights of
4. Tire – American Racer KK704
1. Stock frame-36” front of centerline of rear end, forward will be
standard. Anything else will be subject to a weight penalty, depending
on the advantage you might have with a different type frame.
2. No widening or narrowing of frame.
3. Fuel cell can not be any lower than 8”. Must have a fuel cell
protector bar at least 1” lower than fuel cell frame.
4. Minimum frame height at all times is 4”.
1. Tubular upper control arms. Bottom arms must be stock. NO
aftermarket lower control arms.
2. No rack and pinion steering allowed.
3. Front springs 5”minimum in diameter. Rear springs 2.5” minimum
in diameter. Minimum of 500 pounds front spring rate.
4. Stock passenger car spindles or fabricated spindles allowed but
must be steel.
5. Only one shock per wheel. No bump stops inside or out.
6. Non adjustable steel or Aluminum bodied shocks are permitted.
7. Schrader valves permitted. No bump stops.
1. Spoilers allowed on rear at a maximum of 8” height and cannot
extend past rear quarter panel. No side foils behind spoiler. Total
material is not to exceed 8”.
2. Roof height must be minimum of 42” and maximum of 52″
1. 1/8” Polycarbonate/Lexan Windshield required on driver’s side.
(Full windshield is recommended)
2. Windshield must cover complete opening on driver’s side.
1. Must have minimum 2-pound fire extinguisher with a gauge and a
quick release mounted securely in the car within reach of the driver
while belted in car.
2. Must have quick release type window net. Window net must
release from top. One mirror is allowed inside car.
Must abide by all general rules!!
Backside of rear spoiler must be left blank for class sponsor decal!