HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY MODIFIED RULES 2013
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
1. Any engine allowed with single carburetor or fuel injected.
2. Cooling system may be modified; glycol antifreeze shall not be used.
3. Any American make engine may be used as long as rear of engine (bell housing flange) is mounted at least 72” forward from the centerline of rear axle. Engine offset must be kept within 2” of centerline of front cross member. Engine height minimum will be 11’ from ground to front of center of crankshaft.
1. Maximum allowable left side weight will be 58 percent of the total car weight.
2. Minimum 2,600 pounds.
3. 1/2 lb per lap burn off.
1. OEM production type transmission shall be allowed; 3 speed, 4 speed, and automatic. No 5 speed transmissions or “in-out” boxes. All units must be clutch operated with clutch inside of bell housing (quick change transmissions optional). Bert, Brinn, Falcon type transmissions are optional. In case of Bert, Brinn, Falcon type transmission, it is understood that the clutch is inside the transmission housing.
2. Any manual or automatic transmission. Must have at least 2 forward gears in working order.
1. Any Clutch assembly allowed min. of 5-1/2 inches.
1. Floaters and quick change are allowed.
2. No Wide Five, no tube type axles, and no aluminum axle tubes.
3. Magnetic steel drive shafts ONLY. Must be painted white.
Brakes, Wheels, and Tires
1. Must run one brake per wheel. Single piston caliper.
2. Maximum 8” wide steel racing wheel allowed.
3. Hoosier F 53.
1. Stock frame-36” front of centerline of rear end, forward will be standard. Anything else will be subject to a weight penalty, depending on the advantage you might have with a different type frame.
2. No widening or narrowing of frame.
3. Fuel cell can not be any lower than 4”.
1. Tubular upper control arms. Bottom arms must be stock.NO aftermarket lower arms.
2. No rack and pinion steering allowed. Stock steering only.
3. Front springs 4”minimum in diameter. Rear springs 2.5” minimum in diameter.
4. Only coil springs or multi-leaf allowed on rear.
5. Only one shock per wheel.
6. Must run steel bodied shock non adjustable. Aluminum shocks are permitted with an additional 50 lbs. added to car.
1. Spoilers allowed on rear at a maximum of 8” height and cannot extend past rear quarter panel. No side foils behind spoiler. Total material is not to exceed 8”.
2. Roof height must be minimum of 42” and maximum of 52″
1. ½ Windshield required on driver’s side. (Full windshield is recommended)
2. Windshield must cover complete opening on driver’s side.
1. Must have minimum 2-pound fire extinguisher with a gauge and a quick release mounted securely in the car within reach of the driver while belted in car.
2. Must have quick release type window net. Window net must release from top. One mirror is allowed inside car.
Must abide by all general rules!!
Backside of rear spoiler must be left blank for class sponsor decal!