HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY SUPER STOCK RULES 2016
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide
for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum
acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern
the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all
participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL
RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH
THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a
guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee
against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and
appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose
any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the
minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH
ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation
of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
Due to the many types of cars that can be built under the Super Stock
rules, it is impossible for these rules to cover every situation that
might occur. Officials are given discretion, following the intent of the
rules and to rule on any matter not covered specifically in the rule book.
Efforts to bend or find and take advantage of a loophole in these rules
will not be tolerated. If your car is not inside the rules in terms of the
specific in the rule book, you may not race.
1. Apparel- See general rules.
All safety apparel must be worn while on the racing surface. This will
be enforced for practice and race dates.
2. Driver must wear eye protection under race conditions. (ie goggles
or face shield)
3. Neck brace is recommend.
4. Must have functional quick release steering wheel.
5. Car must pass a safety inspection by Huntsville Speedway and
maintain throughout the season.
1. There will be a draw or qualifying to determine starting order.
2. All starts will be double file, cone rule may apply on restarts. The
winner of the previous race will start in the rear the next race he/she
competes, regardless of the draw or qualifying order.
3. Unless specifically mentioned in the following rules, the Super
Stock division is designed to be an affordable and simple form of
racing. Please keep it that way. If it is not stock, it is not legal!!
4. Recommended 2” view hole in oil pan for inspection of crank & rods.
5. Radios permitted.
1. All stock equipment only for that year, make and model car unless
noted in rules.
2. May run 2 or 4 door car. Cars must be a minimum 105” wheelbase.
Sub-framed cars allowed, but must have frame connectors. No T-top
bodies or station wagons.
1. a. 350 cfm carb cars must weight a minimum weight 3200 pounds
before qualifying and after the race.
b. a 500 cfm carb cars must weight a minimum weight of 3400
pounds before qualifying and after the race.
2. No fuel burn off allowance.
3. Maximum 55% left side weight – manual trans
Maximum 56% left side weight – automatic trans
4. Any car deemed with an unfair advantage will have to add weight
at the discretion of the HS officials.
5. All ballast weight must be mounted securely and painted white with
your car number on each of weights.
6. Weight ballast cannot be mounted on the lowest part of frame
facing the ground anywhere, even in the truck.
1. May remove both front inner fenders. Rear inner fender wells must
remain full and intact. May cut out front fender 3” around tires.
Radiator must be stock location. Doors, door jambs, bottom side of
hood and trunk may be gutted. All body parts must be steel.
2. Car must not have any sharp or pointed edges that could harm or
injure the driver, tech official or safety crew.
3. Must remove interior, headlights, taillights & all side glass, leave
4. Must have 1/8” Lexan/Polycarbonate full windshield. No Plexiglas-
No Exceptions. Must allow 5” at top of windshield for division
5. All doors must be welded shut.
6. Side skirts allowed, but no lower than 4” from the ground.
7. 6” x 60” maximum spoiler dimensions.
8. Numbers must be of distinguishable color and must be at least 22”
high. Numbers must appear on both sides and on the roof of the car.
Indistinguishable numbers may result in scoring errors.
9. Must run stock body mounts. Any car that is unable to run stock
body mounts throughout the whole car must relocate 50lbs. to at least
18″ off the floor pan.
10. Must run full stock appearing body. Floors, firewall and roof must
be fully intact, except for roof center support.
11. No sectioning, chopping, channeling, or cutting of any kind to
exterior body except for tire clearance.
12. All holes in front and rear firewall and floorboard must be covered
with 16-ga steel.
13. Minimum of 4 hood pins and 4 trunk pins.
14. Complete body must be metal with the exception of the front
nose and tail covers. Plastic molded nose and tail piece allowed.
15. No fiberglass or carbon fiber parts anywhere.
1. Car must have a four point roll cage with four bars in drivers door
running horizontal. Passenger door must be “X” barred with
horizontal bar on top or identical to drivers side roll cage.
2. Roll bar behind driver’s seat must be positioned in line with
3. Roll bars must be welded. No pipe fittings.
4. Roll bars within driver’s reach must be padded.
5. Steel plate required inside of driver side door.
6. Seat and seat belts must be attached to roll cage only.
7. You will be allowed to run bay bars to support the front part of the
frame and 2 bars to the rear of the frame (welded no further towards
the rear than the front side of the rear spring buckets).
8. Battery mount must be at least 18” from fuel cell.
Must have emergency cut-off switch within drivers reach and highly
visible to safety crew.
9. Interior must remain open. Must be able to view complete floor
10. Must have a 2 pound minimum, fully operational fire extinguisher
with a gauge and a quick release mounted securely in car within
reach of driver while belted in car.
11. Must have quick release type window net on drivers side window.
Window net must release from top of net towards front of car. Driver
must be able to release net from inside car. Mirror is allowed inside car.
12. Must have aluminum racing seat; belt & shoulder harness
minimum 3 inches wide. Must have belts and seat secured to the roll
cage. No chains ran through floorboard to secure seat.
1. Front & rear spring must be the same diameter and height of other
(front to front, rear to rear) and fit in spring pockets. Minimum 5” in
diameter. Spring rubbers allowed
2. Leaf springs must have same number of leafs on each side.
3. No reinforcing of A-arm (upper or lower). Sway bar must be stock.
May have one end adjustable at the A-frame. Must remain in stock
location and brackets on frame. Maximum upper control arm bolt
length is 3”.
4. Camber, caster and toe are the only adjustments that can be
made to front suspension. No cutting, grinding, or bending allowed.
4. No wedge bolts permitted.
5. Adjustable spring cups permitted. Must be welded and non-
functional during race and tech.
6. Any stock appearing, rebound adjustable, replacement shock
allowed. No air shocks allowed. One shock per wheel, must be
mounted in stock location. No bump stops, frame stops or
suspension limiters of any kind allowed.
Shock Buy Out – $50/per shock claim rule. Buyer must buy all four
shocks at time of protest. All four shocks must be delivered to tech
official undamaged and fully functional. Any person that does not
submit to the claim rule will be Disqualified, NO Points, NO Money.
Also, they will not be allowed to bring those shocks back at any time.
7. Pinion angle can be adjusted. Only by drilling upper control arms
at rear end. Adjustment holes must be reinforced with washer and
8. Rear lower control arms must remain stock length and unaltered,
9. Front and rear control arm bushings must remain stock or
replaced with OEM stock replacement bushings.
10. NO RACING OR PERFORMANCE PARTS ALLOWED.
1. Rear-end must be stock for year and model of car. May have
either positive-traction, welded, mini spool or open rear end (no
Detroit or any other center section that has not been specified.)
2. No 9” inch rear end unless stock for year and model of car. Must
provide proof of VIN and door plate from factory.
3. No floating type rear end of any kind.
4. Brakes must work on all four wheels. Drum brakes on rear only.
5. Front may run single piston stock caliper brakes only.
6. One master cylinder only.
7. No brake adjuster or block off valve of any kind.
1. No altering of chassis in any way.
2. No part of frame lower than 6 inches from the ground, with driver
and safety equipment, before and after the race.
3. Sub-frame cars allowed, but must have frame connectors
approved by Huntsville Speedway.
1. Fuel cell with roll over check valve required in trunk area in metal
box and must have a firewall between fuel cell and driver. Minimal
amount of cutting for fuel cell/box to fit through trunk floor pan will be
2. Cell must be secured with two steel straps each way over fuel cell,
bolted to trunk floor. Straps must be solid and at least 1” by 1/8”. Full
fuel cell cage welded to the frame is recommended.
3. Fuel cell may not be lower than 10” to the ground and must be
protected by one protector bar extending the width of fuel cell with
one center brace. Protector bar must be 1 ¾” X .095 and at least 1”
lower than cell and is approved by an HS official.
4. No electric fuel pumps.
1. Maximum cubic inch allowed: Chevy 360 ci, Ford 362 ci, Chrysler
2. A stock OEM crank only, weighing a minimum of 50 lbs. No
lightweight or knifing. Crank must maintain OEM casting numbers.
No polishing of rods or crank. Minimum balancing of engine is
3. Must have stock pistons or stock replacement type. Two or four
eyebrow pistons .250 to first ring land. No full floating pins
4. Pistons must remain .020 in cylinder block under deck height at
TDC. Stock Bore and stroke (maximum .060 overbore)
6. May run aftermarket stock type steel rods. (No H beams) Rods
must maintain stock length. Chevy 5.7”, Ford 6.0”, Chrysler 6.123”
7. Heads must be strictly stock. Heads must maintain OEM casting
A. No porting or polishing anywhere. No deburring!
B. No racing or high performance heads. Maximum 1.94 intake and
1.50 exhaust- Chevy; Maximum 1.94 intake and 1.60 exhaust- Ford;
Maximum 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust-Chrysler
C. No cutting of heads to install larger valve springs. No more than a
single valve spring with dampener and must be magnetic steel.
Stock diameter only. Maximum 1.255. No beehive valve springs
D. No Aluminum heads. No performance heads. No GM angle plug
heads. No Aftermarket heads. No bowtie heads.
E. Vortec heads allowed.
F. 64cc minimum combustion chamber for all heads.
8. Any hydraulic Cam allowed. No roller or solid lift cam shafts
allowed. No mushroom lifter, anti-pump up or over-sized lifters
allowed. Lifters must bleed down during tech.
9. Screw in studs allowed. Stud girdles and poly locks allowed.
10. Full Roller rockers permitted, NO SHAFT ROLLERS ALLOWED
11. Any aluminum or cast iron, two or four barrel intake allowed only.
No porting or polishing of intake manifold anywhere. $200 claim rule
12. Must run Holley 500 cfm #4412 two-barrel carburetor when
weighing 3400 pounds or 350 cfm #7448 when weighing 3200
pounds. Both carbs options must pass HS No-Go gauge.
a. Must have a throttle stop and two return springs.
b. 1 inch spacer maximum, adapter must be metal. Maximum of 1
1/8” between carburetor base and intake. 1 inch spacer is not
allowed on high rise intake.
13. Must run 110 octane racing fuel. (ie No E85 or alcohol)
14. No cold air boxes allowed.
15. Headers allowed.
A. Must have a maximum of 1 5/8” O.D. No tuned headers.
B. Exhaust pipe must be 30 inches past bell housing with muffler.
16. May run solid engine and transmission mounts.
17. No engine setbacks.
18. Must have stock ignition. No dual points or racing ignition (No
1. Any stock unmodified cast iron manual transmission allowed.
Does not have to be for make and model of car.
2. No power glides allowed.
3. Stock unmodified automatic transmissions allowed, must have full
size working torque converter.
4. No aluminum or performance transmissions of any kind allowed.
5. All transmissions must have 3 forward gears and a reverse gear
and trans cooler mounted inside the car.
6. Steel drive shafts only. Must have one drive shaft safety loop.
1. Minimum stock 10-1/2” clutch assembly
2. Must have approved safety bell housing with an inspection hole in
the bottom. (No Aluminum Bell Housing)
3. Hydraulic throw out bearings are permitted
4. No machining of the flywheel allowed
5. No aluminum clutch, pressure plate, or flywheel parts.
6. The total weight of clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel may not
weight any less than 31 lbs. with the bolts!!
1. No antifreeze permitted. $250 fine.
2. Overflow on radiator must have catch can.
3. Aluminum radiator allowed.
Tires and Wheels
1. Tires will be KK704
2. Steel 8” racing wheel allowed
3. No wheel adaptors or spacers.
4. Must have 1” lug nuts.
5. No wheel weights allowed.
6. No air bleeders or pop-offs.
7. Maximum 1” offset from left to right.
8. 5/8” studs recommended.
Must abide by all general rules!!
If you have any questions about car rules, call Huntsville Speedway
Leave comments on your thoughts on the rules. Negative comments will be deleted.