HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY SUPER STOCK RULES 2013
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
Due to the many types of cars that can be built under the Super Stock rules, it is impossible for these rules to cover every situation that might occur. Officials are given discretion, following the intent of the rules and to rule on any matter not covered specifically in the rulebook.
Efforts to bend or find and take advantage of a loophole in these rules will not be tolerated. If your car is not inside the rules in terms of the specific in the rulebook, you may not race.
1. Apparel- See general rules.
All safety apparel must be worn while on the racing surface. This will be enforced for practice and race dates.
1. All starts will be double file, all re-starts cone rule applies. The top three finishers and any driver that did not compete the week prior will start in rear.
2. Unless specifically mentioned in the following rules, the Super Stock division is designed to be an affordable and simple form of racing. Please keep it that way. If it is not stock, it is not legal!!
3. Recommended 2” view hole in oil pan for inspection of crank & rods.
1. All stock equipment only for that year model car. Radios permitted. Not recommended.
2. May run 2 or 4 door car. Cars must be a minimum 105” wheelbase. Sub-framed cars allowed, but must have frame connectors. No T-top bodies or station wagons. Rubber noses and tails allowed.
318 cubic inches and under = 3,100 pounds
319 cubic inches to 365 = 3,200 pounds.
366 cubic inches and up = 3,300 pounds.
There will be 100lb penalty for vortec heads.
A car running a stock cast iron two barrel intake will be given a 50 lbs weight break. (No Modifications)
Any car deemed with an unfair advantage might have to add weight at the discretion of the HS officials.
1. Maximum for straight shift cars 54%, left side weight is 55%.
2. Any ballast weight must be mounted securely and painted white with your car number on each of weights.
1. May remove both front inner fenders. May cut out front fender 3” around tires. Must run stock body mounts. Radiator must be stock location. May take out hood & deck liner, minimum of three pins in hood. All body parts must be steel. No fiberglass parts.
2. Must remove interior, headlights, taillights & all side glass, leave interior open.
3. Must have Lexan windshield. No Plexiglas- No Exceptions.
4. All doors must be welded shut.
5. Side skirts allowed, but no lower than 4”.
6. 6” maximum spoiler height.
7. Numbers must be of distinguishable color and must be at least 22” high. Numbers must appear on both sides and on the roof of the car. Indistinguishable numbers may result in scoring errors.
8. Any car that is unable to run stock body mounts throughout the whole car must relocate 50lbs. to at least 18″ off the floor pan.
1. Car must have a four point roll cage with four bars in each front door running horizontal.
2. Roll bar behind driver’s seat must be positioned in line with doorpost.
3. Roll bars must be welded. No pipe fittings.
4. Roll bars in driver area must be padded.
5. Steel plate required inside or outside of driver side door.
6. Seat and seat belts must be attached to roll cage only.
7. You will be allowed to run bay bars to support the front part of the frame and 2 bars to the rear of the frame (welded no further towards the rear than the front side of the rear spring buckets).
8. Battery mount must be at least 18” from fuel cell or fully encapsulated.
A. Must have emergency cut-off switch near driver inside car. Accessible by HS officials.
9. Interior must remain open. Must be able to view complete floor pan.
10. Must have minimum 2 pound fire extinguisher with a gauge and a quick release mounted securely in car within reach of driver while belted in car.
11. Must have quick release type window net. Window net must release from top. One mirror is allowed inside car.
12. May have aluminum racing seat; belt & shoulder harness minimum 3 inches wide. Must have all 4 bolts secured to the floor. No chains ran through floorboard to secure seat. Racing seat required.
1. Front & rear spring must be the same diameter and height of other (front to front, rear to rear) and fit in spring pockets. (no spring rubbers)
2. Leaf springs must have same number of leafs on each side.
3. No reinforcing of A-arm (upper or lower). Sway bar must be stock. May have one end adjustable at the A-frame. Must remain in stock location and brackets on frame. Maximum upper control arm bolt length is 3”.
4. No wedge bolts permitted. Stock shocks only ( Monroe, Gabriel, or KYB shocks). No air shock or adjustable shocks. No adjustable spacers. Any shims or spacers must be welded /secured no adjustments allowed.
Shock Clarification -There will be a $50/per shock claim rule. Any person that does not submit to the claim rule will be Disqualified, NO Points, NO Money. Also, they will not be allowed to bring those shocks back at any time.
5. NO RACING OR PERFORMANCE PARTS ALLOWED.
6. If you have any questions about car rules, call Huntsville Speedway office.
7. Rear-ends may have either positive-traction, welded, or mini spool ( no Detroit or any other center section that has not been specified.)
8. Must have working four-wheel brakes.
9.Single piston stock caliper brakes only.
1. No altering of chassis in any way.
2. No part of frame lower than 6 ½ inches from the ground.
3. Sub-frame cars allowed, but must have frame connectors.
1. Fuel cell required in trunk area in metal can. Minimal amount of cutting for fuel can to fit through trunk floor pan will be allowed.
2. Cell must be secured with two steel straps each way over fuel cell, bolted to trunk floor. Straps must be solid and at least 1” by 1/8”. Full fuel cell cage welded to the frame is recommended.
3. Fuel cell may be lowered to a 10” ground clearance only if it has 1 bar at 1 ¾” X .090 at least 1” lower than cell and is approved by an HS official.
1. A stock style crank. No lightweight or knifing. No polishing of rods or crank. Minimum balancing of engine is allowed.
2. Must have stock pistons or stock replacement type. Two or four eyebrow pistons .250 to first ring land. No full floating pins
3. May have minimum of .020 deck clearance. Stock Bore and stroke (maximum .60 bore) Ford or Chrysler see HS official prior to event.
4. May run aftermarket stock type steel rods. (No H beams)
5. Heads must be strictly stock.
A. No porting or polishing anywhere. No deburring!
B. No racing or high performance heads. Maximum 1.94 intake and 1.50 exhaust.
C. No cutting of heads to install larger valve springs. No more than a single valve spring with dampener.
D. No Aluminum heads. No performance heads. Ford angle plug head OK.
E. Vortec heads allowed with small Vortec cast iron intake. 100 lb penalty. PRODUCTION angle plug heads allowed 50 lb penalty
F. 64cc minimum – 305 Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler see HS official prior to event.
G. 305 heads must be run on 305 engines.
6. Any hydraulic Cam allowed.
7. Full Roller rockers permitted, NO SHAFT ROLLERS ALLOWED
8. Intake must be strictly stock and cast iron. No HI rise intakes. No porting or polishing of intake manifold anywhere. After market aluminum allowed $200 claim rule. No high performance intakes. No fuel injection intakes. No marine intakes. Two barrel or four-barrel intake okay.
9. Must run Holley 2300 #4412 two-barrel carburetor. Must fit HS gauge.
A. May change power valve and jets.
B. May remove choke butterfly. Must have choke horn.
C. 1 inch spacer maximum, adapter must be metal. Maximum of 1 1/8” between carburetor base and intake.
10. Headers allowed.
A. Must have a maximum of 1 5/8” O.D. No tuned headers.
B. Exhaust pipe must be 30 inches past bell housing with muffler.
11. May run solid engine and transmission mounts.
A. Engine setback: # 1 plug must be even with or in front of the left side forward most upper A-Frame bolt. Fords are allowed 2” setback with 50lb placed in front of flywheel.
12. Must have stock ignition. No dual points or racing ignition (No MSD dist).
13. Weight penalties/adjustments will be made if necessary to ensure fair competition with 2-barrel and 4-barrel cars.
1. Stock transmission only. Stock automatic transmissions are allowed. No power glides. Must have 3 forward gears.
2. WORKING TORQUE CONVERTER Required.
3. Straight shift 50 lb penalty
4. Stock power glides allowed if stock with year and make of car.. 50 lb penalty (to be adjusted as needed)
1. Minimum stock 10-1/2” clutch assembly
2. Must have approved safety bell housing with an inspection hole in the bottom. (No Aluminum Bell Housing)
3. Hydraulic throw out bearings are permitted
4. No matching of the flywheel
5. No aluminum clutch, pressure plate, or flywheel parts.
6. The total weight of clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel may not weight any less than 31 lbs. with the bolts!!
1. No antifreeze permitted.
2. Overflow on radiator must have catch can.
3. Aluminum radiator allowed.
Tires and Wheels
1. Hoosier 890 8”treaded rights
Hoosier 880 8” treaded lefts
2. Steel 8” racing wheel allowed
3. NO SOAKING
Must abide by all general rules!!
Leave comments on your thoughts on the rules. Negative comments will be deleted.