HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY HOT SHOT RULES 2013
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
1. Apparel – See General Rules
All safety apparel must be worn while on the racing surface. This will be enforced for practice and race dates.
Any 6 cyl. car any wheelbase. Double overhead cam: 100lbs. weight penalty, 3.4 four cam GM motor 50lb penalty, 3.5 Chrysler 50lb penalty, 3800 super charged 75lb penalty. No weight can be added left of center.
No Hulling allowed, hulling will result in a weight penalty. 15lb per door and 20lb for hood and trunk.
All flammable material must be removed.
1. Must be stock for make (Chevy in Chevy, Ford in Ford, Buick in Buick, etc.) no Turbo.
2. No modification.
3. Stock exhaust must run past the top of the rear end.
4. Stock air filter and breather.
5. Alternator must work and be in original position.
6. Battery must be covered if inside driver compartment.
1. Any stock transmission must be same make as car.
1. Any Driveline.
Suspension and Frame
1. No altering in any way. No spring rubbers.
2. Stock shocks in stock position.
3. No adjustable or aluminum shocks.
1. Two door and four doors permitted.
2. All glass must be removed. Windshield may remain if desired.
3. May remove back seat, but cover opening with metal.
4. Doors must be welded shut.
5. Dash must remain intact.
6. No cutting of body anywhere.
7. Driver’s door may be hulled out for roll cage.
8. A four point cage must be used. 1 ¾ inch diameter steel .090 minimum.
9. “H” bar allowed with 3/16 door plating.
1. Seat belt and harness required. Belts must be a minimum of 3” wide.
2. Racing seat allowed or stock factory seat. Racing seat recommended.
3. Steering wheel center must be padded. Air bag must be removed or disconnected.
4. Fuel cell may be used. If fuel cell is used it must be mounted inside a 0.20 gauge metal box secured by 1 inch steel straps. Fuel cell recommended to be placed in stock location or higher.
5. Must have minimum 2-pound fire extinguisher with a gauge and a quick release mounted securely in car within reach of driver while belted in car.
6. Must have quick release type window net. Window net must release from top. One mirror is allowed inside car.
1. May run race fuel purchased from HS if desired.
1. Any stock wheel. All wheels must have same offset. Wheels may be double centered. Over sized lug nuts recommended.
2. 3 degrees of front camber allowed. Tires and wheels may not extend past the fender.
1. Street legal tires only. No racing tires allowed. “50” series or more tires allowed. All four tires and wheels must be the same size and offset. Tires must have a rating of 300 or more. There is a $40.00 buy out rule on each tire. The purchaser must provide the seller a tire to be able to load his or her car up.
1. Must remain stock for make and model of car.
2. No adjusters.
Hot Shot Strictly Six – You must add 25 lbs. after your 2nd win and 10 lbs. each additional win thereafter.
There is a $1250.00 Claim Rule* Any participant with cash, Fans included after the nights events, can claim your car! Claim does not include seat belts and fire extinguisher. KEEP IT AFFORDABLE.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIALS SHALL BE FINAL.
THIS IS A STOCK CLASS!!
EVERYTHING MUST BE STOCK UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE ABOVE.
IF IN DOUBT, DON’T DO IT!!
IF IT’S NOT STOCK. IT’S NOT LEGAL!!
Leave comments on your thoughts on the rules. Negative comments will be deleted.