HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY HOT SHOT RULES 2019
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
Warning! If you attempt to abuse the rules set forth by Huntsville Speedway for the 2019 Hot Shot Division, we will have no choice but to refuse your request for participating. Just because the rules don’t say you can’t, does not mean that you can!
Refer to Huntsville Speedway’s General Rules for a full list of rules regarding driver, pit and car safety.
Racing radios and neck restraints recommended.
- Any 6 cyl. car with factory wheelbase.
No Hulling allowed, other than hood, trunk and doors. Other hulling will result in a weight penalty and all added weight will be bolted to the inside passenger front floor frame with two ½” bolts. Airbags must be removed.
- Minimum weight 2600 pounds with driver and safety gear, before and after the race.
- All glass must be removed. Windshield may remain if no visible cracks on drivers side.
- High tinsel steel mesh over entire windshield is allowed. ( 1/8” Lexan/Polycarbonate may be used). No lightweight wire (NO CHICKEN WIRE.)
- Complete dash may be removed. All flammable material must be removed, other than the drivers seat. Such as cloth, plastic, etc.
- All driver and passenger air bags must be removed.
- All doors, hood, and trunk must be secured during race. Doors are to be welded or bolted shut. Must be able to open hood and trunk.
Hood and Trunk latch must be removed and replaced with a minimum of 4 hood pins in each.
- Body must be complete at the start of each race in a complete stock appearance.
- Vehicles must be painted with a unique paint scheme. We would like to see wild and crazy paint schemes. The numbers must be 20” in height and on both sides and on the roof of the vehicle. Numbers must be legible. No spray can numbers please.
- Mirror allowed inside car.
- Car must start by stock ignition switch with a key or by a starter button/power switch panel approved by Huntsville Speedway Hot Shot Official.
- Car must not have any sharp or pointed edges that could harm or injure the driver, tech official or safety crew.
- Any and all weight penalties will follow both car and driver if separated.
- No turbos.
- No engine or fuel system modifications.
- All engines must be stock for make and model of vehicle. Engines must remain completely stock and in stock position.
- Removal of entire A/C and heating components are allowed.
- Exhaust must exit either in the rear or passenger side of car. No aftermarket headers allowed. Catalytic converter may be removed.
- Cold air intake and aftermarket air filter allowed. Must stay under hood. No forced air.
- Must run race fuel from Huntsville Speedway. No E85, alcohol or fuel additives.
- Automatic or manual transmissions allowed.
- Stock clutch, pressure plate and flywheel only.
- No machining of flywheel allowed.
- No positive traction allowed.
- No altering of frame or suspension in anyway. Stock diameter springs only. You may cut or heat springs for lowering.
- Street legal DOT approved tires only. No racing tires allowed. Only 50, 55, 60, 65 and 70 series tire allowed. All four wheels must be the same offset. Tires must have a treadwear rating of 300 or more.
- No racing wheels allowed. ¼” spacer allowed with 1” lug nuts. If using spacers, they must be used on all 4 wheels.
- Maximum 7” Stock steel or stock aluminum wheels only. Can mix and match any make and model. No aftermarket of any kind.
- Tires and wheels may not extend past fender. Fender must remain in stock position – No body shims, or wheel adaptors allowed.
- Camber allowed in all four wheels.
- Spring rubbers allowed.
- 4-point roll cage required in all vehicles. .095 gauge, 1 ¾” tubing only. Must have full halo and a bar running behind the seat from left side of roll cage to right side of roll cage. Passenger door must have one bar parallel to top of door at bottom of window frame with a “X” bar connecting A post and B post of the roll cage if passenger door is hulled. Seat belt shoulder harness is to be connected to this bar. (No “H” Post allowed)
- ¼” steel plate welded to cage on driver’s side or 4 door bars welded to drivers side roll cage with 1/8” steel plating between bars from A post to B post. Drivers door can be hulled if door bar option is used.
- Racing seat recommended.
- 5 point harness required. Lap belts must bolt to stock lower seat belt locations. Shoulder belts must mount to roll bar running behind the seat.
- Battery may be relocated to behind drivers seat. Battery must be secured in steel battery box that is bolted or welded to the floor of the car. If battery is relocated, you must have power cut off switch within drivers reach and highly visible to safety crew. All battery locations must be approved by Huntsville Speedway.
- Must have a 2 pound minimum, fully operational fire extinguisher with a gauge with an all steel quick release mounted securely in car within reach of driver while belted in car.
- Must have quick release type window net. Window net must release from top of net towards front of car. Release must be highly visible for safety crew. Driver must be able to release net from inside the car.
Before Start of Race
- There will be a draw to determine starting order unless asked to qualify by HS officials.
- All starts will be double file, cone rule will apply on restarts.
- The 1st place finisher from previous event will start in rear the next race he or she competes in, regardless of the draw or qualifying order. Any driver not registered one hour prior to start of that day’s events will be placed in the rear of the field but in front of last weeks winner.
- Top three finishers of each race will receive a trophy on the front stretch after every race with a driver interview.
**For any car built before the 2019 season, that has cut and removed metal from the car, will have estimated weight added back to their car in the form of lead for this infraction as determined by Huntsville Speedway Officials. Please be sure to bring extra lead in 5 lbs increments, so you will be legal to race.
This division is intended an affordable way of racing. No bending of the rules will be tolerated. Anyone deemed by officials to have broken or stretched these rules will be DQ’d from that event. If it’s not stock, it’s illegal!!
VIOLATION = NO POINTS, NO MONEY