HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY LATE MODEL RULES 2018
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
- All starts and restarts will be mandatory double file restarts. Single file restart with 5 laps or less to go.
- Minimum 2750 pounds.
- 58% maximum left side weight
- 1 pound per lap burn off.
- Open engine or Crate engine.
- Any 2 or 4 bbl.
- Any oil pump, wet or dry.
- Any aluminum or steel head.
- Cast iron block only.
- Manual Transmissions only. Transmissions must have 2 forward and 1 reverse gears in working order.
- Must have a clutch, stock diameter clutch must run steel bellhousing. Flexplate must be SFI rated.
- No in and out boxes or automatic transmissions.
- Rack and pinion or gear box.
- Only fabricated full tube chassis front to rear allowed.
- Bump stops allowed
- Canister shocks allowed
- Double adjustable shocks allowed
- Schrader valve shocks allowed
- Aluminum shocks allowed
- 8” or 10” steel wheels only
- American Racer KK704 (subject to change for special events)
- Late model template bodies and hand fabricated bodies allowed. Any date.
- Hand fabricated and template bodies must use ABC/AR Bodies style roof with front and rear windshields and quarter glasses, front composite nose and rear composite tail cover.
- All bodies must look like aftermarket late model race car bodies and must pass Huntsville Speedway’s approval.
- Rear spoiler 6.5” x 60”
- Cars must maintain a 47” roof height.
- No wedge body permitted.