HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY PRO BUZZ RULES 2017
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
General rules apply.
- Apparel- See General Rules
All safety apparel must be worn while on the racing surface. This will be enforced for practice and race dates.
General rules apply.
This class will follow the Standard Buzz rules with the following exceptions:
Pro Buzz Driver Qualifications
- Pro Buzz drivers cannot participate in any Standard Buzz races.
- All starts and re-starts will be double file rolling starts, cone rule will apply.
- Any driver causing a caution will be placed in the rear.
Pro Buzz will be allowed the following:
- Front wheel drive cars only, no horsepower limit, no engine swaps. Engine must match VIN. Burden of proof is on driver.
- Racing Wheels allowed with 8” maximum width with a 3” minimum offset and 1” lugnuts
- No wheel adaptors.
- Factory or aftermarket headers (no tuners, ie equal length tubes) Must have muffler – after market allowed.
- Camber in both rear wheels allowed
- Front windshield must be 1/8” Lexan/polycarbonate. Vent and quarter windows can be 1/8” Lexan/Polycarbonate, no door windows allowed.
- 4” high rear spoiler, or factory spoiler allowed. Cannot be any wider than rear of car.
- Adjustable cam gears allowed
- Machining of engine and engine parts allowed. Maximum increase bore of .060
- No dome top pistons
- Any coil spring – must be same height and diameter – front to front – rear to rear –spring rubbers are also allowed. No bump stops or body stops allowed or adjustable coilovers allowed (even if factory).
- Track tire will be used for this division. American Racer AR-782 only.
- Motor and transmission must have been available for that make, model and year. Burden of proof is on driver.
- Lightweight clutches or flywheels allowed – even if stock
- Roll cage will allow two front kickers no further forward than center of strut, and two rear kickers no further forward than center of struts. May protect top of radiator.
- Side skirts and aftermarket half nose valance may be allowed – must maintain 4” clearance
- Body must keep is stock appearance. No handmade body panels. Stock only except for bumper covers.
- A cold air induction system is allowed, it must remain in engine compartment, or in stock air box (no forced air allowed.)
- No part of the chassis can be lower than 4” with driver and fuel
- May remove OEM dash and replace with fabricated dash.
- Roof, A, B and C-post must remain stock and uncut.
- Doors, hood and trunk may be hulled.
- Minimum of 4 hood pins and 4 trunk pins if hood/trunk hinges are removed.
- Floors and firewall must remain fully intact with all holes covered with 16-ga steel.
- Must have a functional quick release steering wheel.
- Fuel cells allowed but must have a rollover check valve and be shielded from driver and approved by Huntsville Speedway Division Official.
ALL STANDARD BUZZ RULES APPLY UNLESS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED ABOVE