HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY STANDARD BUZZ RULES 2017
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation of deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
- Apparel- Also See General Rules.
- All safety apparel must be worn while on the racing surface. This will be enforced for practice and race dates.
- Driver must wear eye protection under race conditions. (ie goggles or face shield)
- Neck brace is recommend.
- Must have functional quick release steering wheel.
- Car must pass a safety inspection by Huntsville Speedway and maintain throughout the season.
All safety apparel must be worn while on the racing surface. This will be enforced for practice and race dates.
General rules apply.
- Any stock 4 cylinder sedan, mini truck, and van or station wagon. 2 or 4 door allowed. No Mazda Miatas or Honda S2000s type sport cars allowed. Rear wheel drive cars must first be approved by Huntsville Speedway Buzz Official.
- Minimum weight 2100 pounds with driver and safety gear, before and after the race.
- All glass must be removed. Windshield may remain if no visible cracks on drivers side.
- High tinsel steel mesh over entire windshield is allowed. ( 1/8” Lexan/Polycarbonate may be used). No lightweight wire (NO CHICKEN WIRE.)
- Complete dash must remain in car. All flammable material must be removed, other than the drivers seat. Such as cloth, plastic, etc.
- All driver and passenger air bags must be removed.
- All doors, hood, and trunk must be secured during race. Doors are to be welded or bolted shut. Must be able to open hood and trunk. Stock hood and trunk hinges cannot be removed.
- Hood and Trunk latch must be removed and replaced with a minimum of 2 hood pins in each.
- No hulling or cutting of body allowed anywhere. Weight penalty will be accessed.
- Body must be complete at the start of each race in a complete stock appearance.
- Vehicles must be painted with a unique paint scheme. We would like to see wild and crazy paint schemes. The numbers must be 20” in height and on both sides and on the roof of the vehicle.
- Mirror allowed inside car.
- Car must start by stock ignition switch with a key or by a starter button/power switch panel approved by Huntsville Speedway Buzz Official.
- Car must not have any sharp or pointed edges that could harm or injure the driver, tech official or safety crew.
- No turbos or superchargers.
- Maximum 150 horsepower allowed.
- All engines must be stock for make and model of vehicle. Engines must remain completely stock and in stock position. Alternators must work, and remain in stock position.
- Removal of entire A/C and heating components are allowed.
- All vehicles must maintain factory exhaust system and a muffler will be required. Exhaust must exit in the rear. No aftermarket headers allowed. Catalytic converter may be removed.
- May run race fuel from Huntsville Speedway. No E85 or alcohol.
- Automatic or manual transmissions allowed.
- Stock clutch, pressure plate and flywheel only.
- No machining of flywheel allowed.
- No positive traction allowed.
- No altering of frame or suspension in anyway. No spring changes or spring rubber.
- Street legal DOT approved tires only. No racing tires allowed. No tires under a “60” series tire allowed. All four tires and wheels must be the same size and offset. Tires must have a treadwear rating of 300 or more.
- No racing wheels allowed.
- Stock steel or stock aluminum wheels only. No aftermarket of any kind.
- Tires and wheels may not extend past fender. Fender must remain in stock position – No body shims, wheel spacers or wheel adaptors allowed.
- Camber allowed in both front wheels. (Not in rear)
- 4-point roll cage required in all vehicles. .090 gauge 1 ¾ tubing only. Must have full halo and a bar running behind the seat from left side of roll cage to right side of roll cage. Seat belt shoulder harness is to be connected to this bar. No front or rear kickers will be allowed. (No “H” Post allowed)
- ¼” steel plate welded to cage on driver’s side or 4 door bars welded to drivers side roll cage. Drivers door can be hulled if door bar option is used.
- Racing seat recommended.
- 4 point harness required. Lap belts must bolt to stock lower seat belt locations. Shoulder belts must mount to roll bar running behind the seat.
- Battery may be relocated to behind drivers seat. Battery must be secured in steel battery box that is bolted or welded to the floor of the car. If battery is relocated, you must have power cut off switch within drivers reach and highly visible to safety crew. All battery locations must be approved by Huntsville Speedway.
- Must have a 2 pound minimum, fully operational fire extinguisher with a gauge and an all steel quick release mounted securely in car within reach of driver while belted in car.
- Must have quick release type window net. Window net must release from top of net towards front of car. Driver must be able to release net from inside the car.
Before Start of Race
- There will be a draw to determine starting order, unless asked to qualify.
- All starts will be double file, cone rule will apply on restarts.
- The 1st place finisher from previous event will start in rear the next race he or she competes in, regardless of the draw or qualifying order. Any driver not registered one hour prior to start of that day’s events will be placed in the rear of the field but in front of last weeks winner.
- 25 pounds will be added to the winner’s car before the next race. Driver supplies the 25 pounds weight and must be bolted to the inside passenger front floor frame with two ½” bolts.
- The first place finisher from the previous event will start it the rear the next race he/she competes in, regardless of the draw or qualifying order. Any driver not registered one hour prior to start of day events will be placed in the rear of the field but in front of last weeks winner.
- Top three finishers of each race will receive a trophy on the front stretch after every race with a driver interview.
- No Buzz driver can compete in any other division at Huntsville Speedway.
This division is intended for beginners and to be an affordable way of racing. No bending of the rules will be tolerated. Anyone deemed by officials to have broken or stretched these rules will be DQ’d from that event. If it’s not stock, it’s illegal!!
VIOLATION = 0 POINTS, 0 MONEY