Race Day Schedule and Technical Bulletin for the Huntsville Speedway on September 5th, 2020, featuring the Buster’s Pro Late Models competing in the Thunder by the River 150 presented by Buster’s, Ingle Demolition, TruTorque Diesel, Shagnasty’s Grubbery and Pour House, and Chase Oliver Race Cars. STAR SuperTrucks, Super Stocks, Hot Shot, and Buzz divisions will also be in action. Also attached is the Technical Bulletin for the special rules for the Pro Late Model 150 as stipulated by the race sponsors.
A huge field of Pro Late Models from throughout the Southeast is expected for this monumental event! As such, we have added a 25 lap Last Chance Qualifying Race to the night’s schedule. The top 20 cars will be locked into the feature based on qualifying time. The last chance qualifying race will be for all drivers qualifying in positions 21 and back. The race will grid straight up with no inversion, and the top 4 finishers will be added to the lineup for the 150. The Speedway and Race Sponsors have reserved two provisional positions to use at their discretion making the maximum starting field size of 26.
Please remember that we must remain compliant with local and CDC guidelines for social distancing. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation. Pit gates will open at 3PM, grandstands will open at 4PM with qualifying at 6PM and the first race starting at 7PM.
We look forward to seeing everyone Saturday night, September 5th at The Legendary Huntsville Speedway for the Thunder by the River Pro Late Model 150!
THUNDER BY THE RIVER PRO LATE MODEL 150 PRESENTED BY BUSTER’S BAIT AND TACKLE/INGLE DEMOLITION/TRUTORQUE DIESEL/SHAGNASTY’S/ CHASE OLIVER RACING
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2020
PLEASE REVIEW ALL HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY GENERAL RULES AND RULES FOR THE BUSTER’S PRO LATE MODEL DIVISION.
THE FOLLOWING ARE ITEMS FOR EMPHASIS SO THAT ALL DRIVERS WILL BE AWARE OF THE PROTOCOLS THAT WILL BE FOLLOWED FOR THIS SPECIAL EVENT.
- THE RACE WILL BE LINE SCORED. TEAMS WILL NOT BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A SCORER.
- WORKING RADIOS AND A SPOTTER WILL BE REQUIRED.
- BUSTER’S PRO LATE MODELS WILL QUALIFY FIRST ON THE EVENING TO MINIMIZE RISK OF THE TRACK SURFACE BEING COMPROMISED BY A CAR FROM A SUPPORT DIVISION.
- THIS IS A SIX TIRE RACE. TO CHANGE A TIRE BEYOND THIS LIMIT, IT MUST BE PRESENTED TO A TRACK OFFICIAL TO VERIFY IT CANNOT HOLD AIR OR THE WHEEL IS DAMAGED AND CANNOT BE RACED.
- AT LAP 75, A COMPETITION CAUTION WILL BE DISPLAYED TO THE FIELD. AFTER TWO (2) PACE LAPS, THE PACE CAR WILL BRING THE FIELD DOWN THE FRONTSTRETCH,
DOUBLE FILE IN THE LOWER GROOVES. WHEN THE LAST CAR HAS STOPPED MOVING, THE RED FLAG WILL BE DISPLAYED AND A FIFTEEN (15) MINUTE TIMER WILL BEGIN.
THE TIMER WILL BE VISIBLE ON THE SCOREBOARD ON THE BACKSTRETCH. DURING THIS FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK, FOUR (4) CREW MEMBERS WILL BE ALLOWED OVER THE WALL AND ONTO THE TRACK FOR EACH CAR.
- THE CREW MEMBERS MAY PERFORM THE FOLLOWING:
a. ADJUST WEDGE BOLTS/SWAY BAR/PACKERS/SHIMS
b. CHANGE TWO TIRES (OR MOVE TIRES TO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS)
c. ADJUST TIRE AIR PRESSURE
d. PROVIDE WATER TO DRIVER
e. ADD FUEL TO THE CAR
f. REPAIR BODY PANELS WITH DUCT TAPE
- NOT ALLOWED ARE THE FOLLOWING:
a. NO SAWZALLS, PRY BARS, WELDERS, OR CUTTING TORCHES ON THE TRACK
b. NO TIRES MAY BE COOLED BY WATER ON THE TRACK OR TAKEN FROM THE TRACK AND WATERED DOWN. ONCE A TIRE LEAVES THE TRACK AND GOES BEHIND THE WALL, IT IS DONE.
c. OPEN RADIATOR CAPS/ADD WATER TO RADIATOR
d. REMOVE DAMAGED BODY PANELS, THIS MUST BE DONE IN THE PIT AREA
- ITEMS ALLOWED ON THE TRACK:
a. FOUR (4) CREW MEMBERS
b. 2 TIRES
c. ONE JACK
d. IMPACT WRENCH OR TIRE TOOL
e. AIR TANK/AIR GAUGE
f. DUCT TAPE
g. FUEL CAN AND FUNNEL
- DRIVERS/TEAMS WISHING TO PIT FOR ANY REASON ARE WELCOME TO DO SO, BUT THEY WILL RESTART THE RACE AT THE END OF THE FIELD IN THE ORDER THEY EXIT THE PIT AREA.
- FUEL BURNOFF ALLOWED WILL BE ONE POUND PER LAP BEGINNING AFTER THE LAP 75 BREAK FOR A TOTAL OF 75 LBS.
- BE ADVISED, IF A NATURALLY OCCURRING CAUTION FOR AN ON-TRACK INCIDENT OCCURS WITHIN FIVE (5) LAPS OF LAP 75, THAT CAUTION WILL BE DEEMED THE HALFWAY POINT. THE HALFWAY BREAK AND FIFTEEN MINUTE TIMER WILL NOT COMMENCE UNTIL THE CAUTION HAS BEEN DEALT WITH AND THE TRACK SURFACE IS CLEAR.
- REMEMBER, IF A TRACK OFFICIAL WITNESSES DEBRIS COMING FROM YOUR CAR TO THE RACING SURFACE THAT NECESSITATES A CAUTION, YOU WILL BE GIVEN CREDIT FOR THE CAUTION AND WILL RESTART AT THE REAR OF THE FIELD. THIS IS STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE.
- A huge field of Pro Late Models from throughout the Southeast is expected for this event. As such, we have added a 25 lap Last Chance Qualifying Race to the night’s schedule. The top 20 cars will be locked into the feature based on qualifying time. The last chance qualifying race will be for all drivers qualifying in positions 21 and back.
The race will grid straight up with no inversion, and the top 4 finishers will be added to the lineup for the 150. The Speedway and Race Sponsors have reserved two provisional positions to use at their discretion making the maximum starting field size of 26.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO SUBVERT OR “LOOPHOLE” THE ALLOWANCES FOR THE HALFWAY BREAK WILL BE PENALIZED AND YOU WILL START IN THE REAR AT THE END OF THE LONGEST LINE FOR THE FINAL 75 LAPS.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HOSTING YOUR TEAMS THIS WEEKEND AT THE LEGENDARY HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY! BEST OF LUCK TO ALL DRIVERS, AND MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!