HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY LATE MODEL RULES 2022
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
Warning! If you attempt to abuse the minimal amount of rules set forth by Huntsville Speedway for the 2022 Late Model Division, we will have no choice but to refuse your request for participating. Just because the rules don’t say you can’t, does not mean that you can!
Refer to Huntsville Speedway’s General Rules for a full list of rules regarding driver, pit and car safety.
- All starts and restarts will be mandatory double file, second place car to the outside and so forth. No single file restarts, even with 5 laps or less to go.
- Racing radios and neck restraints recommended.
1. Minimum 2750 pounds, maximum 3000 pounds.
2. 58% maximum left side weight
3. Only 1 pound per lap fuel burn off allowed.
1. Open engine or Crate engine.
2. Only one carburetor allowed. No fuel injection of any kind.
3. Any oil pump, wet or dry.
4. Aluminum or steel heads allowed.
5. Cast iron block only.
6. No electrical fuel pumps allowed.
7. No external ignition crank triggers.
8. No electronic traction control devices of any kind.
1. Manual Transmissions only. Transmissions must have 2 forward and 1 reverse gears in working order.
2. All transmissions must be clutch operated. Any driver choosing to use a clutch larger than 7 ¼” must also use a steel bellhousing. Flexplate must be SFI rated.
3. No in and out boxes or automatic transmissions.
1. Rack and pinion or a gear box allowed.
1. Only a fabricated all steel full tube chassis allowed.
2. Fuel cell must mount behind rear axel.
1. Bump stops allowed
2. Canister shocks allowed
3. Double adjustable shocks allowed
4. Schrader valve shocks allowed
5. Aluminum or steel shocks allowed
- 8” or 10” steel wheels only. No beadlocks.
- Air bleeders allowed.
1. American Racer KK704 only. Must have Huntsville Speedway stamp. (subject to change for special events)
1. Only Late model template bodies and hand fabricated bodies allowed. Any date.
2. Hand fabricated and template bodies must use ABC/AR Bodies style roof with front and rear windshields and quarter glasses, front composite nose and rear composite tail cover.
3. All bodies must look like aftermarket late model race car template bodies and must pass Huntsville Speedway’s approval.
4. Rear spoiler 6.5” x 60”
5. Cars must maintain a 47” roof height.
6. Absolutely no outlaw or wedge body permitted, no add on front chin spoilers or aerodynamic changes of template body, nose or tail covers permitted. No fins, splitters, or ledges allowed anywhere.