Mini Modified (Mini Stock)
HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY RULES 2024
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the
orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable
requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all
events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have
complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF
SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH
THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the
conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a
participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate
deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions
that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM
SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of
these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
Warning! If you attempt to abuse the minimal amount
of rules set forth by Huntsville Speedway for the 2024
Mini Modified Division, we will have no choice but to
refuse your request for participating. Just because
the rules don’t say you can’t, does not mean that you
Refer to Huntsville Speedway’s General Rules for a full list of
rules regarding driver, pit and car safety.
- The word stock as referred to in the following rules mean
“As it comes from the factory in non hi-performance mass
- Top 3 finishers after the race will go immediately to tech.
Fourth and Fifth place go to holding area until top three have
been released from inspection.
- All starts will be double file, cone rule will apply on
- The 1 st place finisher from the previous event will start in
the rear of the next race he or she competes in regardless of
the draw or qualifying order.
- Racing radios and neck restraints recommended.
- All competing cars must supply HS with a spark plug that
fits your car for tech purposes.
- Management reserves the right to alter, change or adjust
weight limits to all conforming and non-conforming cars
without first consulting with competing drivers.
- Huntsville Speedway American Racer Tires labeled Mini
Modified American Racer tires or the AR-782 tires only.
- 8″ wide steel wheels only.
- No wheel adaptors.
- Must have 1” lug nuts.
- No wheel weights.
- No beadlocks, air bleeders or pop-offs.
- Bars must be at least .095 gauge 1 1/2” OD steel pipe.
- Bars must be welded to frame and have 4 protective bars
on driver’s side and 3 protective bars on passenger side. No
- Steel plating required inside of driver side of roll cage at
the door and a minimum of 1/8” thick.
- All cages must meet approval of HS Officials.
- Stock location (engine face must line up or must be in line
with center of upper ball joints). If engine is setback further
than the rule states you must relocate 50 lbs. of cars total
weight in front of the front spindles. This is not an extra 50
pounds. Maximum setback allowance 3″ from center of
upper ball joints. Weight must be centered or right of center.
Engine must be centered in frame, +/- 1″.
- One 12-volt battery only.
- Electronic ignition permitted. MSD type boxes permitted.
- No electronic or mechanical traction control of any kind
- No coil packs or crank trigger ignitions.
- Must have emergency cut-off switch within drivers reach
and highly visible to safety crew.
- Only a Holley 350cfm 2bl. carburetor #7448 is allowed.
Carb must be visually unaltered except for air horn removal
and must fit all HS gauges. All air entering engine must
pass through carburetor venturi. Unaltered boosters in
stock location. Butterfly screws are optional, Stock shaft and
butterflies. Choke rod hole may be plugged and choke
mount holes sealed with epoxy or comparable material.
- Maximum 2″ space between carburetor and intake
manifold. Maximum includes spacer plate, adaptor plate and
- Cold air boxes permitted.
- No Fuel injected systems.
- Stock production head only. No aftermarket of any kind.
No porting, polishing or grinding of any kind. Damaged
heads may be resurfaced. Cylinder head boss may be cut
down for shorter 2300 adjusters. May have 3-angle valve
job. No more than 75 degrees. Valve spring pocket may be
cut .0100 deep or may run long valves; stock head/valve
diameter, stainless steel valves allowed. Cars running a Ford
2.0 liter head with 2.3 liter valves, but must carry the
specified weight for the 2.3 engine. Ford 2.0 liter and 2.3
liter heads are allowed a minimum of 45cc combustion
- No aluminum heads except stock Toyota.
- No more than 2 valves per cylinder, unless approved by
- Any size cam. May run adjustable cam gear.
- Roller cams permitted with an additional 25 lbs weight
penalty mounted forward of flywheel.
- Any 3 ring flat top piston. Toyota may run dome pistons.
- Stock crankshaft for engine being used, may be balanced.
No grinding, polishing or lightening of any kind.
- Minimum crankshaft weight:
Ford 2300cc 30.5 lbs (both large and small journal)
Ford 2000cc 27.5 lbs
Toyota – See HS Official
NO STROKERS, Minimum Engine deck heights is zero
(0.000), piston may not extend above block at TDC. (except
- Any steel rod permitted. No aluminum, no titanium.
- Stock or aftermarket intake allowed. On stock intake,
port matching the head side of intake is permitted.
- OEM chassis with steel body (this can be tubed from
center of rear axle back, with no left side penalty):
Must meet total weight requirements, no left side weight
Up to 2.0 1900 lbs.
Over 2.0 2000 lbs.
- Stock Front Clip and/or Stock Chassis with aftermarket
Up to 2.0 2050 lbs. 56% Left Side
Over 2.0 2150 lbs. 56% Left Side
- All Full Tube Frame car or fabricated tubed front clips
Up to 2.0 2200 lbs. 56% Left Side
Over 2.0 2300 lbs. 56% Left Side
- Steel body Toyota’s w/OEM chassis Up to 1.8L – 2000
lbs., over 1.8L – 2050 lbs with No Left Side rule. Add 150 lbs
for aftermarket body, maximum 56% Left Side. Add 150 lbs
for full tube frame or fabricated tube front clip, maximum
56% left side. Speedway reserves the right to amend this
rule as necessary.
- Weight determined by original engine size. Boring .050
over included in weight.
I.E. 2.0 bored .050 over is still classified as a 2.0.
- All ballast must be attached with two ½” bolts and be
white with car number on it.
- No car over 2500 lbs. will be allowed to compete in the
event for safety reasons.
- 2.5 STOCK truck engine permitted min. weight 2400lbs.
- All weights are before qualifying and after the race.
- Driver must post their claimed weights at all times on
the top left corner of windshield in 1.5″ tall numbers.
Numbers must be easily visible to HS officials. White vinyl
numbers are preferred.
- No fuel burnoff allowance.
- Any car competing with an engine other than a Toyota
or Ford must be preapproved by HS Official and may be
subject to a penalty change at any given time.
- Steel, aluminum, or fiberglass body allowed but must
follow all weight penalties.
- Must have 4″ ground clearance, body and frame included,
with driver and safety equipment, before and after the race.
- Full Front windshield required, must be 1/8”
Lexan/Polycarbonate. No plexiglass. Must allow 5” at op of
windshield for division sponsor sticker.
- Rear window permitted.
- Rear body panel must cover rear of car to bumper.
- Tread Width 64″ measured from true center of tires at
spindle height. Zero tolerance.
- Car must not have any sharp or pointed edges that could
harm or injure the driver, tech official or safety crew.
- Maximum 6″ in height x 60” width. May not exceed the
width of body and cannot be mounted past rear quarter
Stock OEM Chassis
- Stock OEM mini chassis is classified as: Toyota Corolla,
Ford Pinto, Ford Mustang II. Any other make and model is
classified as full tube frame. All chassis must be rear wheel
drive and approved by Huntsville Speedway before
- All components must remain stock, as produced by
manufacturer and mounted in stock location, unless
specified. Front and rear sub frames may be connected with
tubular framing. One piece per side. Location optional. May
“X” frames or add cross members.
- Stock type sway bars only. No spline bars allowed.
Wheel Base Dimensions
- 93” minimum to 108” maximum
- Any steel body non-adjustable shock allowed.
- Schrader valve shocks not permitted.
- Bump stops are permitted.
- Aluminum non-adjustable shocks allowed with a 20 lbs
- Post Race Shock Buy Out – $125/per shock claim rule.
Buyer must buy all four shocks at time of protest. All four
shocks must be delivered to tech official undamaged and
fully functional. Any driver that does not submit to the
claim rule will be Disqualified, NO Points, NO Money. Also,
they will not be allowed to bring those shocks back at any
- Any coil spring may be used except coil binding springs.
(front minimum 3 1/2″ rear minimum 2″)
- Wedge bolt adjusters allowed.
- Only stock main leaf spring for make and model of car
permitted. Number of leafs optional. May use clamps. May
cut secondary leaf. Sliders permitted with wedge bolt
- Strut cars may use tech approved coil-over adjusters on
- May elongate slots for caster/camber adjustments.
- Steering box and components must be stock and in stock
- Adjustable rack & pinion allowed.
- Front and rear disc brakes permitted. Aftermarket brake
parts allowed with a 30 lbs penalty.
- Any aftermarket pedal assembly or aftermarket master
cylinder set up permitted with no weight penalty.
- All four wheels must have working brakes.
- Any stock passenger car rear-end must remain in stock
location, centered in car. No offset.
- Differential may be locked. Differential may have either
welded, mini spool or stock OEM positive traction or open
rear end (no Detroit or any other center section that has not
been specified.) No quick change. No cambered rear-ends.
No gold tracks. No aluminum spools.
- Floating axels are permitted.
- Driveshaft must be made of steel. NO Aluminum
driveshafts! No aluminum parts of any kind in the driveline.
- Must have at least one HS approved safety loop around
driveshaft. Driveshaft must be painted white.
- Any stock transmission permitted. Automatic
transmissions must have working torque converter.
- All transmissions must be stock OEM and unmodified.
Must be in working condition with reverse and all forward
- 1 inch inspection hole in bellhousing recommended for
Clutch/ Pressure plate
- Stock diameter clutch and pressure plate. No aluminum
- May run solid center or button style clutch disc.
- Aftermarket flywheels permitted. Flywheel must be stock
diameter- minimum weight 11 lbs. including flywheel bolts.
- NO Aluminum flywheels allowed.
Fuel/ Fuel Cell
- Fuel cell is mandatory, 12 gal. maximum with foam, must
have check valve and mounted in trunk area inside a metal
box and must also have firewall between fuel cell and driver.
- 8″ ground clearance.
- It is recommended that fuel cell should be located as far
forward as possible, but stay behind the differential housing.
Fuel cell must be between frame rails with proper ground
clearance and secured with two 1/8” x 2” steel straps or four
1/8” X 1” steel straps and must be approved by HS officials.
Fuel cells must be bolted. No rivets and no sheet metal
- Location of fuel cells must be approved by HS tech
- Must run Huntsville Speedway 110 octane racing fuel. (ie
No E85, alcohol, or oxygenated fuels or additives of any
- Fuel must go through the fuel cell to the carburetor and
cannot pass through any performance enhancing/cooling
- Electric fuel pumps permitted with a manual fuel pump
cut off switch in the reach of driver and automatic oil shut
Abide by all general rules!!
WEIGHT MAY BE ADDED OR SUBTRACTED TO ANY CAR AT
ANY EVENT AND ADDED IN ANY LOCATION ON CAR IF
DEEMED NECESSARY BY HS OFFICIALS.