HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY PURE STOCK RULES 2024
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide
for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum
acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern
the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all
participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL
RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH
THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a
guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee
against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and
appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose
any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the
minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH
ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation
of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
Due to the many types of cars that can be built under the Pure Stock
rules, it is impossible for these rules to cover every situation that
might occur. Officials are given discretion, following the intent of the
rules and to rule on any matter not covered specifically in the
Warning! If you attempt to abuse the rules set forth
by Huntsville Speedway for the 2024 Pure Stock
Division, we will have no choice but to refuse your
request for participating. Just because the rules don’t
say you can’t, does not mean that you can!
Refer to Huntsville Speedway’s General Rules for a full list of
rules regarding driver, pit and car safety.
- Unless specifically mentioned in the following rules, the
Super Stock division is designed to be an affordable and
simple form of racing. Please keep it that way. If it is not
stock, or otherwise addressed in the rules, it is not legal!!
- Recommended 2” view hole in oil pan for inspection of
crank & rods.
- Racing radios and neck restraints recommended.
- No traction control devices of any kind allowed.
Before Start of Race
- There will be a draw or qualifying to determine starting
- All starts will be double file, cone rule will apply on
restarts. The winner of the previous race will start in the
rear the next race he/she competes, regardless of the draw
or qualifying order.
- Rear wheel drive only. Must be stock unaltered OEM GM
chassis. Ford driver must see HS official for approval.
- All stock equipment only for that year, make and model
car unless noted in rules.
- May run 2 or 4 door car. Cars must be a minimum 108”
wheelbase. Sub-framed cars allowed, but must have frame
connectors. No Camaro, Firebirds, Corvette bodies/chassis
or T-top bodies permitted. No 1970-1972 Monte Carlos
permitted without prior approval by HS Officials.
Preapproved real leaf spring cars allowed with a 150 lbs
penalty placed in center of right front floorboard.
Option 1: Minimum weight of 3400 pounds for box stock
500CFM Part #4412 or a unmodified Stock OEM four barrel
quadrajet at qualifying and after the race.
Option 2: Miniumum weight of 3100 pounds for box stock
350CFM Part #7448 at qualifying and after the race.
- No fuel burn off allowance.
- Maximum 55% left side weight
- Any car deemed with an unfair advantage will have to
add weight at the discretion of the HS officials.
- All ballast weight must be mounted securely and painted
white with your car number on each of weights.
- Weight boxes or ballast weight cannot be mounted any
lower or to the lowest part of frame rails facing the ground
anywhere, even in the trunk. No weights shall be hung or
mounted directly in front of, behind or under the gas tank.
- Management reserves the right to alter, change or adjust
weight limits to all conforming and non-conforming race cars
without consulting any competing driver.
- All weight penalties will be placed center of right front
floorboard. This excludes choice of carburetor weight.
- May remove both front inner fenders. Rear inner fender
wells must remain full and intact. May cut out front fender
3” around tires. Radiator must remain in stock location.
Doors, door jambs, bottom side of hood and trunk may be
gutted. All fabricated body parts must be minimum of 26
gauge steel and be stock appearing. i.e. No straight or flat
- Car must not have any sharp or pointed edges that could
harm or injure the driver, tech official or safety crew.
- Must remove interior, headlights, taillights & all side
glass, must leave interior open.
- Must have 1/8” Lexan/Polycarbonate full windshield. No
Plexiglas- No Exceptions. Must allow 5” at top of windshield
for division sponsor sticker.
- All doors must be welded or bolted shut.
- Side skirts allowed, but no lower than 4” from the ground.
- 6” x 60” maximum spoiler dimensions. No side foils, fins,
splitters, chin spoilers, or ledges allowed anywhere.
- Numbers must be of distinguishable color and must be at
least 20” high. Numbers must appear on both sides and on
the roof of the car. Indistinguishable numbers may result in
- Must run full stock appearing body. Floors, firewall and
roof must be fully intact, except for roof center support.
- No sectioning, chopping, channeling, or cutting of any
kind to exterior body except for tire clearance.
- All holes in front and rear firewall and floorboard must
be covered with 16-ga steel.
- Minimum of 4 quick release pins in hood and 4 quick
release pins in the trunk.
- Complete body must be minimum 26 gauge steel with
the exception of the front nose, tail covers, hood and trunk
lid. Plastic molded nose and tail piece allowed. Fiberglass
hood and trunk lid allowed.
- No carbon fiber or aluminum body parts anywhere.
- Car must have a four point roll cage with four bars in
drivers door running horizontal. Passenger door must have
a minimum of an “X” bar with horizontal bar on top or
identical to drivers side roll cage. All roll bar tubing must be
1 ¾” od x .095 wall.
- Roll bar behind driver’s seat must be positioned in line
with doorpost. Abuse of this rule will result in weight
- Roll bars must be completely welded around all
connecting joints. Absolutely no pipe or pipe fittings.
- Roll bars within driver’s reach must be padded. No
swimming pool noodles. SFI rated recommended.
- 1/8” steel platting of the roll cage or 1/8” solid steel plate
required inside of drivers door from A post to B post.
- Seat and seat belts must be attached to roll cage only.
- You will be allowed to run bay bars to support the front
part of the frame and 2 bars to the rear of the frame
(welded no further towards the rear than the front side of
the rear spring buckets).
- Battery must be at least 18” from fuel cell and approved
by Huntsville Speedway.
Must have emergency cut-off switch within drivers reach and
highly visible to safety crew. All 12 volt connections must
be safely insulated.
- Interior must remain open. Must be able to view complete
floor pan or weight penalties will apply.
- Must have a 2 pound minimum, fully operational fire
extinguisher with a gauge and with a all steel quick release
mounted securely in car within reach of driver while belted
- Must have quick release type window net on drivers side
window. Window net must release from top of net towards
front of car and highly visible to safety crew. Driver must be
able to release net from inside car. Mirrors allowed inside
- Must have aluminum racing seat; belt & shoulder
harness minimum 2 inches wide. Must have belts and seat
secured to the roll cage. No chains ran through floorboard to
- Front & rear springs must be the same diameter and
height of other (front to front, rear to rear) and fit in spring
pockets. Minimum 5” in diameter. Spring rubbers allowed.
- Rear leaf springs allowed with a 150 lbs penalty to be
placed in center of right front floorboard. Leaf springs must
have same number of leafs on each side. Must mount in
both front and rear factory mounting locations. No screw
type wedge adjustments permitted. No sliders, no lowering
blocks or pinion shims allowed.
- No altering of the front lower control arms permitted.
Steel, polyurethane or rubber bushings allowed on front
lower control arms. Stock GM sway bars only. May have
only one end adjustable at the left or right lower control arm
with the opposite end fixed. Must remain in stock location
and inside the stock brackets at the frame.
- Stock OEM or all steel aftermarket front upper A-
arms/control arms permitted. Maximum upper control arm
bolt length is 3”.
- Camber, caster and toe are the only adjustments that
can be made to front suspension. No cutting, grinding,
welding or bending allowed on spindles or steering links.
- Adjustable steel spring cups permitted on all four corners.
No wedge bolts permitted anywhere.
- Rear upper and lower control arms must remain stock
length and unaltered, including reinforcing. Pinion angle can
be adjusted. Only by drilling upper control arms at rear end.
Adjustment holes must be reinforced with washer and
- Rear control arm bushings may be replaced with hard
Polyurethane or OEM rubber replacements only.
- All steel heavy duty stock appearing OEM replacement
upper and lower ball joints permitted only.
- OEM spindles only. Must be correct for chassis being
used. Spindle part numbers must be present and clear to
- NO RACING OR PERFORMANCE PARTS ALLOWED
UNLESS NOTED HERE IN THE RULES.
- Any stock appearing steel body non-rebuildable, non-
adjustable replacement shock allowed. No aluminum or air
shocks allowed. One shock per wheel, must be mounted in
original factory mounting location. No steel bearing
mounting shocks allowed. No bump stops, frame stops or
suspension limiters of any kind allowed.
Post Race Shock Buy Out – $60/per shock claim rule. Buyer
must buy all four shocks at time of protest. All four shocks
must be delivered to tech official undamaged and fully
functional. Any person that does not submit to the claim
rule will be Disqualified, NO Points, NO Money. Also, they
will not be allowed to bring those shocks back at any time.
Huntsville Speedway also reserves the right to purchase all
competing shocks in this division at any time to preserve
equal and fair competition.
- Rear-end must remain stock for year and model of car.
Rear end brackets must remain in factory location with
factory welds. May have either welded, mini spool or
stock/open rear end (no factory or aftermarket lockers of
- No floating type rear end of any kind.
- Front brakes and rotors must be original GM or OEM
stock replacement with single piston steel calipers.
- Only one OEM stock replacement master cylinder
- No hydraulic brake pressure adjuster or block off valve of
- No rear disc brakes permitted. Drum brakes on rear
- Brakes must work on all four wheels.
- No altering of chassis in any way. Repaired chassis may
be subject to weight penalties if repairs are done incorrectly.
- Sub-frame cars must have frame connectors approved by
- Fuel cell with roll over check valve required in trunk area
in metal box and must have a firewall between fuel cell and
driver. Minimal amount of cutting for fuel cell/box to fit
through trunk floor pan will be allowed.
- It is recommended that fuel cell should be located as far
forward as possible, but stay behind the differential housing.
Fuel cell must be between frame rails with proper ground
clearance and secured with two 1/8” x 2” steel straps or four
1/8” X 1” steel straps and must be approved by HS officials.
Full fuel cell cage welded to the frame is recommended.
- Fuel cell may not be lower than 10” to the ground and
must be protected by one protector bar extending the width
of fuel cell with one center brace. Protector bar must be 1
¾” X .095 and at least 1” lower than cell and is approved by
an HS official.
- No electric fuel pumps allowed. Camshaft driven fuel
- Chevy 350 ci only with maximum bore of 4.060”
- Stock OEM or aftermarket crankshaft with 3.480” stoke
only and weighing a minimum of 49 lbs. No knifing or
polishing of rods or crankshaft. Minimum balancing of engine
- Stock pistons or stock replacement type pistons only.
Must have four eyebrows in the top of piston with .250 to
first ring land. No racing or forged pistons of any kind
allowed. Floating wrist pins permitted
- May run stock OEM or aftermarket steel rods. (No H
beams) Rods must maintain stock length of 5.700”.
- Engine block minimum deck height is 9.000
- Any stock or aftermarket oil pan permitted.
- May run stock or OEM replacement engine. No sodium or
titanium engine parts of any kind.
- No lowering or setback of engine from factory permitted.
- 5800 RPM/rev limiter chip must be mounted in MSD Soft
Touch Rev Control Box #8728 and fully functional at all
times. Box must be mounted on right side firewall 20 inches
or less from center of distributor shaft. Box will be tested at
3000 RPMs. Chip will be tested for 5800 RPMs.
- Stock OEM heads only, 72cc minimum combustion
chamber. Maximum 1.94 intake valve and 1.50 exhaust
valve. Stock replacement stainless steel valves permitted.
A. Heads must be strictly stock. Heads must maintain OEM
B. No porting or polishing anywhere. No deburring!
C. No racing or high performance heads.
D. No cutting of heads to install larger valve springs.
Maximum valve spring size is 1.255”. No more than a single
valve spring with dampener and must be magnetic steel. No
beehive valve springs allowed.
E. Screw in studs and guide plates permitted.
- Any hydraulic flat tappet cam allowed, 1.5 ratio steel
rocker arms only. No roller rocker arms permitted. No roller
or solid lift cam shafts permitted. No mushroom lifter, anti-
pump up or over-sized lifters allowed. Lifters must bleed
down during tech. 15 minute allowance only.
Intake and Carburetor
- Any stock OEM cast iron four barrel intake allowed with a
1” metal spacer plate. GM low profile aluminum/marine
intake allowed with a 1” metal spacer plate. No porting or
polishing of either intake manifold anywhere.
- One unmodified Stock OEM four barrel quadrajet
- Edelbrock Performer intake Part #2101 with adaptor
plate plus a spacer plate together not exceeding 1” and a
box stock Part #4412 Holley 500CFM, or Part #7448
350CFM two barrel only. Choke flap and horn may be
removed. No porting or polishing of intake manifold
- Edelbrock Performer intake Part #2701 with adaptor
plate plus a spacer plate together not exceeding 3/4” and a
box stock Part #4412 Holley 500CFM, or Part #7448
350CFM two barrel only. Choke flap and horn may be
removed. No porting or polishing of intake manifold
In addition to options 1 and 2:
- All carb options must be 100% box stock with no visible
signs of modifications and must pass HS No-Go gauges.
- Must have a throttle stop and two return springs.
- Air cleaner maximum diameter of 20” and 5” in height.
Must be on car while on track. Jamb nut recommended.
- Must run Huntsville Speedway 110 octane racing fuel. (ie
No E85, alcohol, or oxygenated fuels or additives of any
- No cold air boxes allowed.
- No electric fuel pumps.
- Maximum of all total gasket height not to exceed 1/8”
between carburetor and base of intake.
- No headers allowed. Stock cast iron unaltered rear dump
exhaust manifolds only. Exhaust pipe must be 30 inches
past bell housing with muffler.
- Must have stock HEI type ignition. 5800 RPM/rev limiter
chip must be mounted in MSD Soft Touch Rev Control Box
8728 and fully functional at all times. Box must be
mounted on right side firewall 20 inches or less from center
of distributor shaft. Box will be tested at 3000 RPMs. Chip
will be tested for 5800 RPMs.
- Only stock unmodified TH350 transmissions allowed.
Must have working torque convertor. Does not have to be
for make and model of car.
- All transmissions must have 3 forward gears and a
- May run solid or OEM replacement transmission mounts.
- Steel drive shafts only. Must have at least one drive
shaft safety loop, minimum of 1/8” steel strap or 1” tubing
looped around the driveshaft within 24” of rear ujoint.
- No antifreeze permitted. $250 fine.
- Overflow on radiator must have catch can.
- Aluminum radiator allowed.
Tires and Wheels
- American Racer KK704 only. Must have Huntsville
Speedway stamp. (subject to change for special events)
- Only steel 8” racing wheels allowed.
- No wheel adaptors or spacers.
- Must have 1” lug nuts.
- No wheel weights allowed.
- No beadlocks, air bleeders or pop-offs.
- Maximum 1” offset from left to right.
- 5/8” studs recommended.
If you have any questions about car rules, call Huntsville