HUNTSVILLE SPEEDWAY BUZZ RULES 2021
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Huntsville Speedway
Warning! If you attempt to abuse the rules set forth by Huntsville Speedway for the 2021 Buzz Division, we will have no choice but to refuse your request for participating. Just because the rules don’t say you can’t, does not mean that you can!
Refer to Huntsville Speedway’s General Rules for a full list of rules regarding driver, pit and car safety.
Racing radios and neck restraints recommended.
1. Any stock 4 cylinder sedan, mini truck, and van or station wagon. 2 or 4 door allowed. No Mazda Miatas or Honda S2000s type sport cars allowed. Only cars made for and sold new in the US auto market permitted. Rear wheel drive cars must first be approved by Huntsville Speedway Buzz Official.
2. Minimum weights before and after the race – see Engine rules.
3. All glass must be removed. Windshield may remain if no visible cracks on drivers side.
4. Only three steel brace bars with high tinsel steel mesh over entire windshield area or 1/8” Lexan/Polycarbonate may be used if factory windshield is removed. No lightweight wire (NO CHICKEN WIRE.)
5. All flammable material must be removed, such as cloth, plastic, etc. Interior must remain open. Must be able to view complete floor pan or weight penalties will apply.
6. All driver and passenger air bags must be removed.
7. All doors, hood, and trunk must be secured during race. Doors are to be welded or bolted shut. Must be able to open hood and trunk. Stock hood and trunk hinges can be removed.
Hood and Trunk latch must be removed and replaced with a minimum of 2 hood pins in each.
8. Hulling or cutting of body allowed. Weight penalty will be accessed for excessive hulling.
9. Body must be complete at the start of each race in a complete stock appearance, including hoods, hatches and bumper covers.
10. Vehicles must be painted with a unique paint scheme. We would like to see wild and crazy paint schemes. The numbers must be 20” in height and on both sides and on the roof of the vehicle.
11. Mirror allowed inside car.
12. Car must start by stock ignition switch with a key or by a starter button/power switch panel approved by Huntsville Speedway Buzz Official.
13. Car must not have any sharp or pointed edges that could harm or injure the driver, tech official or safety crew.
14. Car must have aluminum racing seat.
15. Dash may be removed but roll bar must installed in its place.
16. Rear spoiler maximum 6” tall and must not exceed the width of the body and HS approved. No side foils, fins, splitters, chin spoilers or ledges allowed anywhere.
1. No turbos or superchargers. No imported drivetrains allowed. Factory programmed ECU only.
2. Cars competing with less than 155 horsepower will weight a minimum of 2100 lbs.
3. Cars competing with more than 155 horsepower or equipped with Vtec/variable cam timing will weight a minimum of 2300 lbs.
4. All engines must be stock for make and model of vehicle. Your unaltered VIN is your proof. Any attempt to alter or destroy VIN, engine serial number is grounds for automatic disqualification. Engines must remain completely stock and in stock position.
5. Removal of entire A/C and heating components are allowed.
6. Exhaust must exit either in the rear or passenger side of car. Aftermarket headers allowed. Catalytic converter may be removed.
7. Cold air intake and aftermarket air filters allowed. Both must stay under hood. No forced air allowed.
8. Pump gas or fuel from Huntsville Speedway only. No E85, alcohol or fuel performance enhancers allowed.
1. Automatic or manual transmissions allowed.
2. Stock clutch, pressure plate only. No aluminum flywheels allowed. No machining of factory flywheel allowed.
3. No positive traction allowed.
1. No altering of frame or suspension in anyway. Spring changes or spring rubbers allowed.
2. No wheel spacers or wheel adapters allowed.
3. Camber allowed in all four wheels.
4. HS approved street legal DOT tires only. No racing tires allowed. No tire under a “60” series allowed.
Wheel option 1:
Steel racing wheels allowed with 8” maximum width and a 3” minimum offset using 1” lug nuts. Tires must have a treadwear rating of 300 or more. All 4 tires and wheels must be the same size and offset.
Unaltered stock steel or stock aluminum wheels allowed with 6” maximum width and factory offset. Tires must have a treadwear rating of 200 or more. All four tires and wheels must be the same size and offset.
1. 4-point roll cage required in all vehicles. .090 gauge 1 ¾ tubing only. Must have full halo and a bar running behind the seat from left side of roll cage to right side of roll cage. Seat belt shoulder harness is to be connected to this bar. Rear kicker bars will be allowed. (No “H” Post allowed)
2. ¼” steel plate welded to cage on driver’s side or 4 door bars welded to drivers side roll cage with 1/8” steel plating between bars from A post to B post.
3. Aluminum racing seat required.
4. 5 point (minimum) harness required. Lap belts must bolt to stock lower seat belt locations. Shoulder belts must mount to roll bar running behind the seat.
5. Battery may be relocated to behind drivers seat forward of rear struts. Battery must be secured in a steel battery box (no plastic) that is bolted or welded to the floor of the car. If battery is relocated, you must have power cut off switch within drivers reach and highly visible to safety crew. All battery locations must be approved by Huntsville Speedway.
6. Must have a 2 pound minimum, fully operational fire extinguisher with a gauge and an all steel quick release mounted securely in car within reach of driver while belted in car.
7. Must have quick release type window net. Window net must release from top of net towards front of car. Driver must be able to release net from inside the car.
Before Start of Race
1. There will be a draw to determine starting order, unless asked to qualify.
2. All starts will be double file, cone rule will apply on restarts.
3. The 1st place finisher from previous event will start in rear the next race he or she competes in, regardless of the draw or qualifying order. Any driver not registered one hour prior to start of that day’s events will be placed in the rear of the field but in front of last weeks winner.
4. Any and all weight penalties will follow both car and driver if separated.
5. Top three finishers of each race will receive a trophy on the front stretch after every race with a driver interview.
6. Management reserves the right to alter, change or adjust weight limits to all conforming and non-conforming cars without first consulting with competing drivers.
7. Any dominating car deemed with an unfair advantage will be subject to adding additional weight, adding a restrictor plate and/or limiting maximum RPMs. (i.e. with back to back wins with car count considered.) RPM settings will be determined at the time rule insertion.
This division is intended for beginners and to be an affordable way of racing. No bending of the rules will be tolerated. Anyone deemed by officials to have broken or stretched these rules will be DQ’d from that event. If it’s not stock, it’s illegal!!
VIOLATION = NO POINTS, NO MONEY